HR pros delivers a wide range of courses and workshops to enhance your human resources management processes. Our courses include:
- Recruiting, selection and hiring.
- Progressive discipline and termination process.
- Performance management.
- Occupational Health and Safety.
- Training and development.
- Communication and teambuilding.
- Personnel Policies.
- A Business Case for Diversity and Inclusion.
Human Resources Grassroots
Before hiring your first employee, get prepared. Learn what basic human resources management structures you need to have in place to facilitate growth, stay on the right side of the law, be seen as an employer of choice and improve your bottom line.
This workshop touches on:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Employee Policy
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Job Descriptions and Succession Planning
- Legislative Compliance
Recruiting, selection and hiring
This workshop introduces participants to the recruiting, selection and hiring processes. Participants will learn how to hire employees with the knowledge, attitude and skills required for their business.
- How, where to recruit
- Internal recruitment versus external recruitment
- Interview and reference check process and legalities
- Job preview and testing
- Employment offer
Progressive discipline and termination process
Participants will learn how to deal with problematic employees. They will learn the tools to improve employee conduct and how to recognise discipline issues. They will be shown how to deal with disciplinary issues up to and including termination.
- Documentation and records
- Legal compliance
- Fairness and due process
This workshop introduces participants to systematic performance management to increase employee motivation, improve performance, and increase retention. Participants will be shown how to conduct employee appraisals.
- Job descriptions and performance standards
- Job analysis
- Compensation strategies
- Annual Appraisals
Occupational Health and Safety
This workshop introduces participants to the legal requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Participants will learn the importance of a Safety program and how it can positively affect results. They will be shown strategies to reduce WCB costs.
- Required: Safety statement, policies and programs
- Internal Responsibility System
- Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- New Legislation: Prevention of Violence in the Workplace Regulations
- Workers Compensation Board (WCB)
- Return to Work
Training and development
This workshop introduces participants to the strategic concept of employee development. Participants will be shown the importance of an orientation program and the need to prepare employees to assume greater responsibilities. Participants will be shown that training is an investment in their firm’s success.
- New Hire Orientation
- Succession planning and business continuity
- Training and professional development
- Job enrichment
- Needs analysis and customized training solutions
Communication and teambuilding
This workshop introduces participants to theories of motivation and leadership. Participants will be shown the importance of effective communication to the success of their business and how to identify barriers to effective communication.
- Leadership and employee motivation
- Communication styles
- Barriers to communications
This workshop introduces participants to the specifics of personnel policies. Participants will learn the importance of setting expectations, defining and enforcing rules. The concepts of fairness and due process will be introduced.
- Legislated “must haves”
- Why written policy makes sense
Full day workshops
A Business Case for Diversity and Inclusion
This is an interactive and dynamic workshop facilitated by a certified diversity trainer. Participants learn why Inclusion makes good business sense. The workshop will show :
- how perception and stereotypes impact personal effectiveness
- the importance of diversity and inclusion
- common definitions around diversity and culture
- how values, communication styles and non-verbal behaviours can create misunderstanding and conflicts across differences
- the tools required for achieving greater effectiveness across differences
- why Inclusion Makes Good Business Sense
- Employment Equity versus Affirmative Action
This course provides participants with a basic overview of the WHMIS program. It provides an “awareness” of the types of information that is legally required in the workplace. The course is ideal for new employees or as a refresher.